- Plasti-Bond PVC-coated conduit Form 8 Condulet Bodies are now certified by UL for Type 4X and IEC for IP69 rating
Several environments including the food and beverage industry, pharmaceutical facilities, water and wastewater treatment facilities, refineries, and transportation infrastructure such as bridges and tunnels have a need for products with high corrosion resistance that must protect electrical systems from routine exposure to hose-directed water, splashing water, windblown dust and rain, and external ice damage.
The combination of water, chemicals, dust, high pressures and temperatures can prove to be fatal for electrical systems if not properly protected. … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-coated conduit’s new “PVC-Coated Sealing Locknut” properly protects conduit systems against water, oils, and other liquids
The primary function of a PVC-coated conduit system is to maximize the life of the electrical system contained and to prevent corrosion from sabotaging its structural integrity. One of the most common exposures occurs at the threads of conduit connections when a sleeve at the female thread is unavailable. Most electrical fitting types can be coated, however in the instance the product is unable to be coated, protection of the thread is still important to … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC Conduit Conduit Hosts Its First Kid Friendly Christmas Party
Photo caption: Plasti-Bond first kid-friendly Christmas Party was a success.
Plasti-Bond, manufacturer of ETL-verified PVC-coated galvanized rigid conduit, wanted to do something different this year compared to the standard company holiday party. The decision was made to host a kid friendly Christmas party because holidays are more fun when kids are involved in the celebration.
On the day of the party, sixty children, along with adults, were treated to photographs with Santa, crafts with elves, a coloring … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit Appoints Keith Merrill to General Manager Position
Plasti-Bond ETL-Verified PVC-Coated Conduit announces that Keith Merrill has been appointed to the position of General Manager.
Keith Merrill brings more than twenty years of extensive experience in sales, business development, and operations, within the information technology and telecom segments. Keith has been highly successful in the development and growth of targeted key accounts.
Keith’s areas of experience and expertise include: Key Account Development, Sales Channel Development (Distributors, VAR’s and Representatives), Contract Negotiations, KPI Development, Staff Management, … Read more…
- Bell & McCoy to represent Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit in Texas and Oklahoma Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit announces that Bell & McCoy will represent its extensive product line in Texas and Oklahoma, effective November 10, 2016.
Bell & McCoy, established in 1972, has more than 240 employees covering six states, including Texas and Oklahoma. Products represented by Bell & McCoy are sold through distribution with a focus on commercial, residential, industrial, oil and gas, OEM, and municipality markets. The Bell & McCoy team works with distributors, electrical contractors, engineers, … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC coated factory-bent large radius elbows quicker to install and more economical
Factory-bent PVC coated elbows from Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit are more accurate, quicker to install and more economical because they eliminate field bending time and waste of material. Plus, electrical continuity is maintained across assembled joints.
Details on Plasti-Bond large radius elbows:
40 mil gray PVC exterior coating
2 mil red urethane interior coating
12 trade sizes from 1/2″ through 6″
Available in standard sizes 90˚, 60˚, 45˚, 30˚ bends
Color-coded thread protector caps for quick identification of conduit size
Both PVC … Read more…
- Veterans Day 2016 Every year, we set aside November 11th to honor all the men and women who have served our country in the Armed Forces. We celebrate veterans from generations past, we welcome a new generation of veterans home from war, and we thank our veterans, still serving at home and abroad.
The contributions of each and every veteran has impacted many lives.
From all of us at Plastibond, we wish you a Happy Veterans Day!
Pictured: Wilburn Horner, Tim … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit announces current manufacture’s representative William B. Bleiman & Sons, Inc. has been acquired by Thea & Schoen
Plasti-Bond, manufacturer of ETL-Verified PVC-001 rigid conduit and PVC-coated fittings announces—effective October 1st—William B. Bleiman & Sons, Inc., a current Philadelphia based manufacturer’s representative agency for the company serving the Mid-Atlantic and Maryland/DC territories, has been acquired by Thea & Schoen.
Thea & Schoen and William B. Bleiman & Sons will work as a unified team, providing customers with the highest quality products and services in the industry. This integration will strengthen customer relationships, in the … Read more…
- West Pacific Power Products, Inc., to Represent Plasti-Bond Rigid PVC-Coated Conduit in Hawaii Plasti-Bond, manufacturer of ETL-Verified PVC-001 rigid conduit and PVC-coated fittings, announces that West Pacific Power Products, Inc., will now represent the brand in Hawaii.
West Pacific Power Products, Inc., was established in 1994 with the merging of West Pacific Agency and Pacific Power Products to provide Hawaii and Guam markets with a premier solution for their electrical needs. West Pacific Power Products now concentrates its sales efforts in three distinct categories:
Electrical Wholesale Equipment
Utility Oriented Equipment
Mission Critical … Read more…
- Reducing corrosion in the oil and gas industry is easily accomplished through knowledge and proper product specification. Today, most personnel working in the oil and gas industries are aware of some of the recent catastrophes in the field, such as the explosion at a Chevron refinery plant. NACE International estimates that annual corrosion costs, specific to the oil and gas industry in the United States, can be as high as $27 billion. 1
A study by the Executive Branch and Government Accountability Office underscores the fact that although corrosion cannot be eliminated—it can … Read more…