- Morrow-Meadows Corporation selects Plasti-Bond PVC-coated conduit for Carlsbad Desalination Project
Morrow-Meadows Corporation, the premier electrical and data communications contractor on the West Coast, recently faced a challenge to protect electrical wiring equipment at the Carlsbad Reverse Osmosis Desalination Project, located on the coast of California.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a process that enables desalination — the removal of salt from seawater. Water permeated via RO is more corrosive than water produced by thermal distillation due to high dissolved salt levels, particularly chlorides.
In addition to the process itself, exposure … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit—A Partner To Count On For Water and Wastewater Applications
If you are a government employee, private owner, builder or specifying engineer working in the water/wastewater industry, Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit is a partner you can rely on for high-quality products for your projects.
Plasti-Bond ETL-Verified PVC-Coated Conduit provides premium protection against corrosion by providing the best available exterior and interior coating. It is important for electrical specifiers, engineers, and purchasing managers in the water/wastewater industry to understand that all major brands of PVC-coated galvanized rigid conduit … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit receives recognition for compliance with Industry Data Warehouse (IDW)
Plasti-Bond currently offers a complete line of PVC coated conduit, fittings, and accessories providing corrosion resistance for electrical raceway systems in highly demanding environments. The company recently achieved compliance for PVC coated items in the Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) within the Industrial Data Exchange Association’s (IDEA) Data Certification Program.
“Much of the electrical industry business is going electronic, yet many distributors find it difficult to develop effective systems in-house. IDW helps distributors locate everything from one … Read more…
- Properly handling Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit Instructional Video To Ensure Success of Shipping without damage The best way to prevent product damage is to be knowledgeable about proper handling techniques. To facilitate a necessary level of understanding, Plasti-Bond has provided online instructions available to anyone involved in the shipping/delivery of PVC-coated conduit.
Watch our short video that explains best practices when using a forklift, loading on to a flatbed or LTL trailer.
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit and Grant Supplies provide electrical contractors quality products, speed and service.
Electrical contractors need all the help they can get to survive in this competitive environment. That is why a relationship with a reliable local electrical products distributor is a critical component for successful business. Contractors require a distributor to provide personalized service to ensure that job-related challenges can be effectively overcome. Electrical contractors in the Great New York City area have accepted Grant Supplies as just such a distributor.
The Lee family established Grant Supplies in 1986. A second-generation family … Read more…
- Plastibond Water and Wastewater News
Corrosion is a highly probable occurrence in water/wastewater facilities that can cause expensive repercussions and downtime. With high levels of exposure to corrosive elements such as water, salt, acid and chlorine commonly, there is a risk of irreparable damage to electrical equipment from corrosion. Therefore, electrical systems must be designed with the proper protection, and it is crucial to choose the proper products that will reliably perform and protect in such corrosive environments.
Thus there are … Read more…
- Plastibond PVC-Coated Conduit Oil and Gas News A superior-performance product, such as Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit, even though it may be a small element of any given job, can be instrumental in ensuring protection of entire oil and gas systems from corrosion.
Plastibond PVC-Coated Conduit can help reduce downtime by 50% or more and can contribute to extended service life by more than 10 times that of other product options. By eliminating product failure you eliminate the staggering costs of downtime, safety hazards, replacement … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond Contractor Commitment: Making Your Life Easier! On Time Delivery & Proper Material Handling Currently, the shipping industry in the United States has been become a challenge for anyone trying to schedule electrical products to a job site.
A shortage of truck drivers plus newly implemented driver-regulations that limit time on the road. Unfortunately, this situation does not appear that it will improve any time soon. According to a report by transportation analysts Stifel Financial Corp, the industry as a whole will be short 240,000 drivers by 2022.
Because on-time … Read more…
- Robroy Industries Donates to NAED Education & Research Foundation Again in 2015 Robroy Industries believes in giving back to the electrical products industry and supporting organizations focused on education. To support both missions, Robroy Industries hosted their annual NAED Dessert Reception, and once again, donated a support contribution to the NAED Education & Research Foundation. The donation was made on behalf of all guests who attended the Dessert Reception.
Photo Caption: Michelle McNamara, NAED senior vice president and executive director of the NAED Education and Research Foundation (Center)–receives … Read more…
- Plasti-Bond PVC-Coated Conduit recommended guidelines for proper installation to prevent coating damage with details on installer certification. Proper installation ensures the best service life for a conduit system. Plasti-Bond’s REDH2OT PVC-Coated Conduit is a system providing the best available exterior and interior protection against corrosion. Below, are suggested protocols for installing PVC-Coated conduit, along with information on obtaining installer certification.
Guidelines for preventing coating damage during the installation of coated conduit is covered in the video link below:
Clamping: When using a pipe vise, replace the jaw assembly with special vise adapters. When using a … Read more…